Every organization needs a marketing automation system. If you already have one, chances are it's not setup properly. This is true if you can't tell the different between marketing automation and sending a newsletter blast. If you don't have a marketing automation system yet, you might be worried about implementation. It's challenging to have to select and configure fields, design reporting, customize workflow, setup synchronization with your CRM, and train your staff.
Solution and Benefits
The marketing automation system should be your CRM system's best friend. This means that all marketing and sales processes, workflow, data, and reporting should be connected to your marketing automation system. At Synaxis, we can help you configure, implement, or optimize your marketing automation system so that's possible. When we're done, your marketing automation system will be a key part of your marketing and sales operations.
Implementing, configuring, or optimizing a CRM system involves 3 steps:
- First, we work with you to understand your organization and gather your requirements.
- Then, we can set the system to suit these needs.
- Once this is complete, we can help you rollout the system to your organization.
Gathering Requirements and Planning
First, we work with you to understand your organization and gather your requirements. and then adapting our best practices to meet your individual needs. This takes several steps:
- Review current marketing and sales processes—all improvement begins with a realistic assessment of the current state of your marketing and sales operations. We like to review anything we can to learn how things are working right now. This can include interviews, observation, and reading manuals and documentation.
- Discuss goals and plans for the marketing and sales teams—the sales and marketing teams are going to be directly affected by this work, and we need their interest, support, and ultimately cooperation. Besides that, the marketing and sales teams always have a great deal of interesting and helpful ideas about how to improve the system
- Refine or redesign the marketing and sales processes—if your processes need to be enhanced, we can compare your current operations to our best practices library. This allows us to provide you with proven, high performing systems while preserving what's unique about your organization.
- Document processes—the final step in the process is to thoroughly document all the new processes and changes. The goal is to capture the design of the future state.
This phase assumes that everything "works", so it serves as much as a roadmap for training as for for the rest of the work. Once this phase of the work is complete, you will have a good understanding of what needs to get implemented and why.
Installing and Configuring
With the documented future state in hand, we can set the system to suit these needs. Depending on the requirements, this can mean several different kinds of work:
- Adding and customizing objects or modules
- Adding and customizing fields
- Synchronization with the CRM
- Data migration and integration (if you have legacy systems that need to be retired)
Once this is complete, we can help you rollout the system to your organization. This means much more than just "flipping the switch". Rather, we make sure that the right teams have the right documentation. Beyond that, we can provide live, online, or hands-on training for teams or individuals. When we do training, we like to record the session. This allows these events to be assets for future on-boarding of marketing and sales staff. Once training is complete, we can track and monitor adoption and offer revised documentation or refresher training, as needed.